Now give something healthy to your sweet tooth. After all, what’s life without something sweet?
500gm Lauki (Bottle Gourd),1 C Sugar, powdered/ sugar substitute, 1 tsp Cardamom powder,1 drop Green Colour(Optional), 3 Tbsp. Semolina (fried), 1 tsp Ghee, 1Tbsp Almonds (sliced)
- Peel bottle gourd and cut the bottle gourd into 3 to 4 pieces’ cross section wise.
- Grate bottle gourd little thick taking care the center portion of the bottle gourd with seeds is not grated. Use only the green portion of the bottle gourd to keep nice green color.
- Use a sieve mesh and put grated bottle gourd to sit in the mesh to drain any excess water from the bottle gourd. Do not squeeze the grated bottle gourd.
- In a pan add grated bottle gourd and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Now switch on the stove and start heating the above.
- Sugar will turn into liquid and will start cooking lauki.
- Add Cardamom powder and a drop of green color to make it look attractive if you wish.
- Close the lid and let it cook for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out the lid and stirring occasionally and consistently cook the vegetable making sure water evaporates.
- Once there is minimal liquid, turn off the heat and let it sit for 1 hour to cool.
- In another pan fry Suji Rava using ghee for 3 to 5 minutes to use it later.
- Once the cooked lauki mixture cools, add 3 Tbsp of rava and almonds and make laddos out of this mixture.
- Lauki ke Laddo is ready.
NOTE: Do not overcook the grated lauki with sugar than recommended. Over cooking can make the mixture hard.