Gas and bloating are so common that many people are not even aware of them having this digestive issue. In fact, at some point or the other, we all have suffered from gas & bloating. But when the episode becomes regular, causes a lot of embarrassment and discomfort.
Cause of Gas and Bloating
Ayurveda says that the imbalance of Vata(Air) and Pitta (Heat) Dosha cause the same. The digestive fire or Jatharagni helps in digesting the food. When Pitta is low and Vata is high, this digestive problem aggravates and can even leads to flatulence.
Let’s look at what Ayurveda suggests to get rid of this common digestive problem!
The food we eat has a high impact on our digestion. Food gets converted into its simplest form. The micro-nutrients formed reaches to blood plasma & nourishes body tissues (Dhatus). But when you have impaired digestion, Aama (toxins) are formed within the body that in turn vitiate Vata Dosha.
Here are some changes that you can incorporate easily-
- Avoid foods like coffee, fish, eggs or anything that contains artificial sweeteners.
- Restrict the intake of high-fat foods, they slow your digestion process.
- Avoid dairy products. Instead use buttermilk.
- Start drinking a glass of luke warm water, first thing in the morning, it stimulates digestive juices (agni) and prepare stomach to digest food well.
The best part about choosing ayurvedic treatment and remedies over others is that ayurvedic medicine does not cause any adverse effect in recommended dosage, assure faster and long term relief. Here are some advices you can rely on-
- Include foods and condiments like Ginger, Garlic, Banana, Fennel Seeds, and Black pepper in your diet
- You can take Triphala right before going to bed
- Take fennel seeds or ginger with warm water
- Luke warm water with half a spoon of Ghee and Hing is also highly effective
- Consume light & warm vegetable soups
Yoga Asana you must try!
Ardha Pawanmukta Asana is great for gastric issues.
Lie on your back comfortably, inhale and firstly put your left knee over left side of your chest. Exhale as you take your knee to the nose. Hold for a few seconds and release.
Do this 3 times both sides in a go and see the change!